In this post, you will learn all basic things about TikTok Ads review and how to pass it quickly. Let’s get started now!
What is TikTok Ads Review?
After you submit the ad campaign, TikTok will review your ads to make sure it complies with TikTok Advertising Policy.
Most ads are typically reviewed within 24 hours.
You can check the status of your ad group or ad in the Status column of your account.
Check the meanings of all ad statuses below:
TikTok ads review status
|First Level Status||Second Level Status||Meaning|
|1. Deleted||Campaign deleted||The campaign has been deleted.|
|Ad group deleted||The ad group has been deleted.|
|Creative deleted||The ad has been deleted.|
|2. Not delivering||Account in review||The status of the ad account after creating an ad account or modifying an ad account.|
|Account not approved||The review of the ad account failed.|
|Account penalized||Ad account is disabled due to violation of ads policy.|
|Payment unsuccessful or insufficient balance||The account balance is not enough.|
|Contract has not taken effect||The contract is not in effect.|
|Campaign out of budget||Insufficient budget for the campaign.|
|Ad group out of budget||Insufficient budget for the ad group.|
|Outside of schedule||The ad has been set the scheduled time, and it hasn’t reached the scheduled time.|
|In review||When a new ad is created, the ad will go through the review process first.|
|Qualification needed||Relevant qualification is needed.|
|Expired||Relevant qualification have expired.|
|Disapproved||Relevant qualification is not approved.|
|Pixel Unauthorized||Pixel is unauthorized.|
|Music copyright missing||Music copyright is not available.|
|Edited for review||The review process has been triggered again when edited.|
|Not approved||The review failed.|
|Not explored||Status only for Automated Creative Optimization, the creative has not been combined successfully.|
|Exploring||Status only for Automated Creative Optimization, the combined creative is exploring.|
|No creatives||A new campaign or ad group with no creative.|
|3. Completed||Ad group completed||The schedule time is over and the ad delivery is completed|
|Ad group terminated||Order withdrawn during flight.|
|4. Inactive||—||The campaign has been paused, and there is no other status.|
|Campaign inactive||The campaign has been paused.|
|Ad group deleted||The ad group has been paused.|
|Ad inactive||The ad has been paused.|
|Low performance||Status only for Automated Creative Optimization, the ad has been paused because of poor performance.|
|5. Active||—||The ad is delivering (including only partial placements are available for delivering).|
|Edited for review||The review process has been triggered again because of re-editing.|
|Best performance||Status only for Automated Creative Optimization and the ad performs excellent.|
|Good performance||Status only for Automated Creative Optimization and the ad performs well.|
|6. Closed (Only available for Reach & Frequency ad groups/ads)||No valid ads||The ad group covers either of the following conditions:|
1. All creatives are deleted.
2. No creative added.
|Ads disapproved||All creatives are rejected.|
|Prepay deduction failed||Insufficient balance.|
|Reservation cancelled||Order withdrawn by advertiser before campaign.|
|Invalid account status||TikTok Ads Manager account or Business Center account invalid.|
Changes that trigger Review process
The following changes In order to trigger a new review process, please make these changes to previously approved ads or ad groups
- Targeting (except for age targeting)
- Creative (images, ad text, links, videos, etc.)
Check out the table below to view it in detail.
|Level||Field||Does the field support editing?||Will editing the field trigger a new review?|
|Create Split Test||No||–|
|Ad Group||Ad Group Name||Yes||No|
|Block List (Pangle)||Yes||Yes|
|Budget & Schedule||Yes||No|
|Bidding & Optimization||Yes||No|
|Call to Action||Yes||No|
Tips to pass the review process quickly
Make sure your ads are following these tips to ensure a smoother review process:
- Ensure language in your ad creative and copy are accepted in your target location(s).
- Remove any symbols, incorrect spelling, or gimmicky use of spelling in your ad creative, ad copy, and display name.
- Avoid copy or creative which advises users to take actions that aren’t supported on the app, like swiping up to download or displaying a mouse cursor.
- Make sure you’re using high-quality media that meets our
image specifications and video specifications.
- Make sure that your ad creative and display name are consistent with your landing page.
- Ensure that any products featured in an ad are consistent with those shown on your landing page.
- Avoid using any elements without required permission in both your ad and your landing page. This includes brands, hashtags, copyrighted media, imitations and replicas. If you have proper authorization, upload your authorization documentation in the Account Settings under Business Verification.
- Last but not least, ensure your video ad includes background audio (music or sound) that is clear and coherent. Audio is required for video ads.
How to not get suspended
Need any help?
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to contact us via live chat or email at [email protected] Our support team is happy to assist!