Email campaign and automation flow are often used interchangeably. But they are actually two different things.
This article will distinguish between email campaign and automation flow in NestSend so you can better understand and make the most out of these two features. Let’s get started now!
What is email campaign in NestSend?
Email campaign is a single email that is sent for a specific marketing purpose. The purpose could be to drive conversions, inform audiences about a new product or service, or simply reach out to individual customers.
NestSend makes it easy to create your own emails from scratch or use prebuilt templates in our email template editor. You can easily upload and add your assets to your campaign, as well as drag and drop our different content blocks to fit your needs.
To start, you’ll need an idea of what types of email design you want to send out and jot down the types of email templates you’ll need. Some common templates are:
- Product teaser
- Product release
- Sale announcement
How to create an email campaign
Creating an email campaign is a simple process, and we’ve outlined it for you below.
- Decide on the customer segment you will be using (create it if it doesn’t exist yet)
- Create and name your campaign
- Create a template
- Write the copy
- Make the design
- Preview your email (send a test email to yourself and check that all the links work)
- Schedule your email
- Analyze the results
- Optimize the next email campaign based on the results you got in this one.
>>> Read more: Create email campaign in NestSend
What is automation flow in NestSend?
An automation flow is a set of emails that are automatically sent based on specific conditions. An automated flow would typically target a specific segment of visitors, such as those who abandoned their carts or those who have visited your store.
A flow is an automated sequence that is set in motion by a specific trigger and then includes one or more steps. Flows can help you easily grow your business and build strong customer loyalty.
All flows have a trigger that sets the flow in motion. The trigger can be when someone:
- joins a list (list-triggered)
- qualifies for a segment (segment-triggered)
- performs an action (metric-triggered)
How to create an automation flow
Here are all the steps it takes to set up an email flow:
- Decide on the goal of the automation flow
- Pick an email segment on your list
- Decide how many touchpoints you need
- Create a new segment or use an existing segment
- Set up your emails (content + triggers)
- Implement if/then branches for different possibilities
- Look back at steps 1-6 every few months and optimize to get better results
>>> Read more: Create automation flow in NestSend
Need any help? Feel free to contact our support team via live chat or send an email to [email protected]. We’re happy to assist you as soon as possible!